A Letter From the Teacher
I had a nice visit with my family last week. It was SOOOO cold! Around –12 degrees the whole time I was there. Every time I walked outside I struggled to breathe as my lungs are no longer used to such cold temperatures. I was thrilled to come home to 50 degree weather! Although, even 30 would have been nice in comparison. :-) I brought some reindeer sausage back with me for the kids to taste next week as we study Alaska.
I’m excited about our Luau’s this week! All families are invited to join us for the fun. We’d love to see you there at 10:15 for the morning classes and 1:30 pm for the afternoon class. The parties will be in the same room we had our Christmas parties in. If you have any questions, please let me know!
Open registration begins this week if you know anyone who is looking for a great preschool for next year.
Our carnival and silent auction are coming up in about a month. Keep your eyes open to sign up to donate items for the silent auction and to sign up to run our class game booth for a short time during the evening.
And, our yearbook sign up sheet will be out this week. Cost will be $30 assuming that we get at least 10 orders. If not, they will be $35. Money is due before Spring Break. The books will be on my credit card so you can make the checks out to me: April Nissen or you can pay cash.
-Teacher April
This Week in the Sunshine Class
This week we will do some fun Valentine’s games and projects.
We have a fun science project that involves putting white carnations into a vase of water and then adding food coloring. We’ll see how the food coloring changes the white flowers.
We’ll also have some fun counting games available and heart puzzles.
We’ll check out the letter’s X and O as we make a picture for someone we love and we have some cute heart stamps that the kids can use to make patterns.
On Monday and Tuesday we’ll end our day by watching a video, “Franklin’s Valentines.” We’ll cuddle up on pillows, eat something tasty and enjoy a good film!
And of course we’ll end our week with our Luau! If your child would like to give valentines to their friends, simply help them sign their name to the inside and don’t worry about names on the outside. You can help your child place the cards in the buckets in the front row (those are the kids in their class).
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment