Monday, January 28, 2008

Shapes Week - Newsletter

This Week in the Sunshine Class

This Saturday is our dad’s breakfast. If dads can’t make it, grandpas or uncles are welcome to attend. We’ll serve breakfast from 9:00 am to 9:45 am. After eating, kids are welcome to take their dads/uncles/grandpas down for a quick tour of their classroom. We hope to see lots of dads there! Please write your name on the sheet outside our door to let us know if you’ll be attending or not, just to give us an idea of how much food to make.

Also don’t forget that registration begins on Monday. Register early to be sure to get the class of your choice. They do tend to fill up pretty quickly.

I’m going to be heading to Alaska to visit my family next week so I won’t be around for the entire week. I’ll look forward to seeing you again when I get home! :-) And if you didn’t notice my note on our blog, we won’t have any class photos for the next two weeks because my camera is in Indonesia. :-) Maybe my hubby will have some fun pictures to share with our class when he gets back!

Last year we created a Sunshine Class Yearbook and made them available for purchase. I plan to do the same this year. If we get at least 10 orders, the cost of the yearbooks will be $30 each. If we order less than 10 they will be $35.00 each. I will put out last year’s Yearbook so you can get an idea of what it will be like. This year’s will be slightly different because we are using a different company but the idea and quality will be the same. I’ve created books for myself through the company and have been very pleased. When I get back from Alaska I will put out a sign up sheet so you can order the books. I will need to receive payment for the books by the Friday prior to Spring Break, March 28th. I will place the order over Spring Break and I will only order books that have been paid for. Late orders can be made but they will cost a little more depending on shipping costs for individual books.

-Teacher April


A Note from the Teacher

Playing Shape Bingo showed me that our class could use a little help in learning our shapes so we’re going to have fun with all the shapes this week! We’ll mostly focus on squares, rectangles, circles and triangles.

We’re going to hunt for shapes and cut shapes and sponge paint shapes and more!
We have a Shape Dominoes game that the kids have played before and really enjoyed and we’ll play Shape Bingo again as well. Both games are great practice at following directions and taking turns...two skills that are hugely important to learn at this age!

We’re going to make “muscle vests” as we “shape up.” And as we exercise our brains learning shapes, we’ll also be exercising our bodies as well.

No comments: