Thursday, February 21, 2008

Resource for Moms

A mom in our class passed this information on to me so I'm now passing it on to you. If you are interested feel free to check it out! :-)

As a mother and child advocate I am very interested in issues that effect children (health care, education, environmental issues, etc.). I recently found out about a mother's organization (and an organization for anyone who is a child advocate) that is non-partisan and mom-friendly (meaning you can interact on line when you have a spare minute or two . . . like most of us moms have). It lets moms know what is going on and how they can help change things (signing on line petitions, reading about important legislation, etc.). It binds all mothers (stay at home, working, grandmothers, daughters, and teachers). The website if anyone is interested is www.momsrising.org. I don't know if there is an outlet for this to get to parents at Little Acorn, but it has been tremendously informative to me as a mother. It helps connect all of us to important child and family friendly issues that affect everyone (dads too).

No comments: