A Note From the Teacher
I hope you had fun at our Luau last week! Lots of yummy food and good times! :-) We can all do with a little happy sunshine this time of year.
Looks like we’ve already got lots of orders for our class yearbook. If you’d like to pay early, I’m sure we’ll have 10 orders in no time so the cost will be $30. I’ve started working on the book. It’s always tough to make sure everyone is equally represented but I promise to do the best I can.
I’m looking forward to sharing some “reindeer sausage” with the kids that I bought in Alaska. Hopefully they don’t think they are eating Rudolph! Lol…
-Teacher April
This Week in the Sunshine Class
This week we get to learn some things about Alaska. The kids are always fascinated by different places around the world and since I actually know a little something about Alaska, it’s always fun to show pictures and read books with them. :-)
My favorite book from a great Alaskan author is called, “Alaska’s Three Bears.” It’s on hold at the library so I’m REALLY hoping it comes through in time.
The kids will get their first experience with landscape painting. We tried this last year and I was really impressed with how they were able to do it. I’ll give them a book of pictures from Alaska and they will get a palette of paint colors and they’ll try to recreate the picture they see. It’s always fun to see how they turn out! :-)
We’ll also learn about the Northern Lights. I have some pictures of them which of course aren’t as beautiful as they are in person but I don’t suppose we can take a trip to Alaska together to see them! :-)
Last week several kids were asking me about Alaska after my trip. They wanted to know if I had seen any of those polar animals they learned about while I was gone. I explained that penguins only live in Antarctica and that although there are polar bears in Alaska, they are too far north for me to see. Then they asked if we could go on a polar bear hunt. I asked if they wanted to hunt for an imaginary one or if they’d like to hunt them in our classroom like we hunted for owls a couple months ago. They decided they wanted to do it like we did with the owls, so we’ll be doing that too!
We’ve got some fun sensory things too like driving cars in “snow” (they had a lot of fun the last time we did this) and cutting quilt batting to make “snowflakes.”
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment